Molcas is an ab initio quantum chemistry software package developed by
scientists to be used by scientists.
The basic philosophy is is to be able to treat general electronic structures
for molecules consisting of atoms from most of the periodic table.
As such, the primary focus of the package is on multiconfigurational methods with
applications typically connected to the treatment of highly degenerate states.
Key aspects of Molcas:
Molcas is not a black box tool.
The user should be an educated quantum chemist, with some knowledge about the
different quantum chemical models in use today, their application areas and
their inherent accuracy.
The MOLCAS group arranges regular MOLCAS workshops, which teaches how to use
- SCF/DFT, CASSCF/RASSCF, CASPT2/RASPT2
- Fast, accurate, and robust code
- Free support and updates
- 170317 Molcas 8.2 is ready for release!
Molcas 8 users (with a valid licence) can download binaries for Molcas 8.2 using
the access to User area.
To obtain the source code, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 160919 New book Multiconfigurational Quantum Chemistry
- 141230 An update for ANO-RCC basis set for Eu and Th
- 151112 Molcas Forum is launched
- If you would like to join Molcas developer's team, submit your project here.